Today’s my 2 year blogiversary. Last year I was a little too busy to blog what with giving birth (or close to it) and all. But this year I thought I’d give my blog a little more attention.
When I first started this blog, I really wanted it to be a place where I wrote essays about my daily life. No small thing was too small. Most of my writing I really wanted to focus on fiber, since fiber is what speaks to me no matter how long between projects. I spent a lot of time on my initial blog posts, hoping to hone my writing skills. I also wanted to post patterns and tutorials on my blog. My goals were to increase my traffic. My hope was that someone would ‘discover’ my writing and that I could parlay that into something larger.
But, two months into my blogging adventures, life suddenly changed. I got engaged, moved, pregnant and married all within the course of 6 months. I just didn’t have the energy to devote myself to my blog the way I wanted to. In fact I probably posted more blogs in my first month than I have this past year.
Oh well. C’est la vie. My life is so rich these days and I will always have a blog (or whatever will be around in coming years) to return to when I have more time.
For the moment, though, I thought I would post links to my favorite posts. The posts that really tell a lot about me and that might have gotten buried in a chronological sidebar archive somewhere along the way.
- The Magic Egg (in which I get proposed to)
- Killer Crochet Hooks (in which my hooks get confiscated during jury duty)
- They Flew the Coop (in which a few little birds have a big impact on my apartment building)
- Bound by Semesters (in which I reflect upon leaving teaching)
- How Knitting Socks is Improving My Relationship (in which I give the reason for frantic knitting in the car)
- Love — Exciting and New (in which I lament my Loveboat haircut)
- I’m a chicken (in which I talk about finding out I’m pregnant)
- Breaking the News (in which I write about telling Doug that I’m pregnant)