I know I haven’t posted a lot recently. It just seems like everything takes just a little bit longer to get to these days. But, there has been a lot of knitting happening (mostly when I work at my new job grading oral tests online. Since I’m a visual and kinesthetic person, knitting keeps me from getting frustrated at just having to listen to things…)
Spumoni Handspun (Fleece Artist Roving, spindle spun)
I also finally finished up a sweater I have had waiting to be seamed. It’s the first long sleeved sweater I’ve knitted with a commercial pattern from The Yarn Girl’s Guide to Simple Knits and with set-in sleeves. I have to say that even though I got stitch gauge and for row gauge measured it against myself as I went along and blocked it out when I was done, I still don’t like the way the arms turned out. It was a good experience to try something like this to learn a few new design techniques (never had done set-in sleeves before) but I prefer to stick to my own devices and knit/design as I go. I used Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky.
The other FO I completed recently was a basic pair of toe-up socks with Plymouth Sockotta. Because we watch and go to a lot of films, I find that even though I love working with fun surface design on my socks, I actually get more done if I have something that is just straight stockinette. So, because these are super basic, they are done. (My other socks, however, are still languishing in my WIP pile.)
And a few WIP pictures…
Some Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers from Stitch and Bitch Nation.
And the kitty and I working on the third side of our our baby blanket border (before I frogged it for the third time…)