Ellen a fellow SnB’er recently posted this meme on her blog. Thought it’d be fun to do…
The rules, bold the things you’ve done & post on your blog.
1. Started your own blog. Um….
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band. If this means playing the flute in grammar school…
4. Visited Hawaii – Once in 1998. Stayed on the North Shore in a youth hostel. Had a bunch of stoned surfers as roommates.
5. Watched a meteor shower – Many times. The most recent being 3 years ago with Doug on the beach… Made a wish on a falling star and look at where we are today!
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland – A few times as a kid. We’d come out to visit relatives and either have a choice between Disneyland, Universal Studios or Marineland (yes, it was that long ago…)
8. Climbed a mountain – Many times. Climbed a few in New Hampshire when I was a kid, hiked a lot in Slovakia when I taught there and was part of a hiking club in Japan.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo – Often. I was a total performer/drama geek as a kid. First solo – Miss Polly had a dolly in kindergarten for a neighborhood play.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris – On a high school trip.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – Crochet, knitting, woodblock print-making, and lord knows what else.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning. Worse case in Japan – egg salad sandwich…
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. Not the best thing to do if you are claustrophobic…
18. Grown your own vegetables – So far just tomatoes and basil… Used to grow more in Japan, though.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train Many times, but does one really sleep in third class on an Eastern European train???
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked. Couple of times in Eastern Europe with my friend.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort. If you could call it that – wasn’t really all that great, but did this a lot as a kid.
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person On my honeymoon
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors Been to Poland and the part of East Slovakia which was part of the Ukraine back in the time when my great-grandfather came to the States.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language Slovak and Indonesian. Even though I took Japanese class, a lot of that was self-study…Studied a little bit of Hungarian at one time too…
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. The halcyon days of living in Japan!
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing Once with my brother in Utah.
40. See Michelangeo’s David.
41. Sung karaoke. A lot. My friend Kevin and I would go all the time in Japan to practice our Japanese.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. A lot seeing as I lived at the beach for 7 years.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted .
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – Diving in Hawaii and Southeast Asia. The Perhentian Islands being the most incredible with snorkeling in Thailand a close second.
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater Most recently in May with Doug and the kiddo
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business A couple of craft endeavors, none successful. Tried to start my own study abroad business after college but couldn’t get funding…
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia Only then it was the Soviet Union – summer study abroad during college
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. On a high school trip. It was really freaky and not something I would ever do again.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial Grew up in DC, so saw it many times.
71. Eaten Caviar Several times. The first being in Moscow when it was scarce – my friends had a good black market contact.
72. Pieced a quilt – Several. Used to make a lot of quilts
73. Stood in Times Square – Several times.
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London. On a high school trip.
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle In Bali
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car. Two. The second one, the one I have now, I got it for less than the dealer paid for it. After I had bargained for the car, the dealership manager came out and shook my hand saying that no one had ever bargained that hard for a car and done so well…
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. In Florida for a story about Paintball.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve. I might have, but I can’t remember (a few too many crazy New Years Eve’s in my life!)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating Fish. Once. Never again.
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life. Saved a little girl from drowning when I was a camp counselor. The lifeguards were too busy flirting with the head counselor.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous. A few people in my field who are famous. Did talk to Dustin Hoffman once.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one – My grandmother, great-aunt, babysitter from when I was little and my dad. Most recently my aunt.
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee When I was 11. Still have a little scar from it on my hand.